|The third excerpt represents the element of Water. It speaks of pure spiritual influences and feelings of love, and is drawn from McTeague by Frank Norris:
ashes at his last camp had still been smoldering. Marcus
took what supplies of food and water he could carry, and
hurried on. But McTeague was farther ahead than he had
guessed, and by evening of his third day upon the desert
Marcus, raging with thirst, had drunk his last mouthful
of water and had flung away the empty canteen.
"If he ain't got water with um," he said to himself as he
pushed on, "If he ain't got water with um, by damn! I'll be
in a bad way. I will, for a fact."
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
At Marcus's shout McTeague looked up and around him. For the
|The fourth excerpt represents the element of Earth. It speaks of physical influences and the impact of the unseen on the visible world, and is drawn from U. S. Project Trinity Report by Carl Maag and Steve Rohrer:
14. MONITORING AGENCY NAME & ADDRESS(if different from Controlling
15. SECURITY CLASS. (of this report): UNCLASSIFIED
15a. DECLASSIFICATION/DOWNGRADING SCHEDULE: N/A Since UNCLASSIFIED
16. DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT (of this Report): Approved for public
release; distribution unlimited.
17. DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT (of the abstract entered In Block 20, If
different from Report):
18. SUPPLEMENTARY NOTES: This work was sponsored by the Defense
Nuclear Agency under RDT&E RMSS Code B350079464 U99QAXMK50608 H2590D.
For sale by National Technical Information Service, Springfield, VA